Wando Rugby – Player Registration
Player registration will be held at Cario Middle School in Park West on Saturday October 14 between 10 am and 12 pm.
- New & Returning players must register with USA Rugby each school year as follows:
- Go to usarugby.org
- New players should create a new membership by selecting the “Join USA Rugby” option, while returning players should choose the “Renew Membership” option
- Fill out the online form, and pay the online registration membership fee of $80 (this fee covers fields, referees, trainers, insurance, league operations)
- Download, Print & Sign the “Participation Waiver & Medical Release Form” .
- Do not print or sign the form on USA Rugby (because we have our own version of the form)
- Give signed form to Coach Steve at practice
- All players must pay $50 Player Dues every year
- Dues are payable via the Team App (see below). This is the preferred method of payment for easy tracking.
- Dues are also payable via check payable to Wando Rugby. Give checks to one of the coaches.
- The dues fee covers Wando Rugby team costs such as balls, uniforms, supplies, Awards Banquet, etc.
- Players must purchase the following from Cambria Sports in Mt. Pleasant:
- Wando Rugby practice jersey
- Wando Rugby shorts
- Wando Rugby socks
- Wando Rugby warm-up jacket and pants
- Other equipment needed:
- Cleats (either rugby or soccer style, but football cleats are not allowed)
- Mouth guard
- Padded rugby undershirts are optional
- The above items are available at Cambria Sports or via other online retailers
- Cario Middle School – Tue & Thu from 4:30pm-6:30pm from Oct 26 thru May
- No practice during Thanksgiving week, two Christmas weeks & Spring Break week
- Bring rugby shorts, practice jersey, cleats, mouth guard & water to every practice
- Fridays evenings or Saturday (depending on location and opponent)
- Home games are at Cario Middle School
- Roughly an 8 game schedule from Jan to May against teams from around the state
- Admission is $3 per person (each player receives 3 free tickets for home games). Students are $2.
- Our private Wando Rugby group provides casual information between players and parents such as ride sharing, common questions, photos, etc.
- Simply search for Wando Rugby & request to join
- Team App
- The “Team App” is a simple, small, easy to use app that all players & parents must install on their phones
- All team announcements, player selections & online payments are done via the Team App
- This includes practice cancellation, game locations, and other important information
- YOU MUST INSTALL THE APP ON YOUR PHONE
Team App Instructions:
- Download & install the app called Team App on your phone via either the App Store or Google Play
- After the installation is complete, open the Team App and click Sign-Up
- Enter your personal information, including your email address & password, to create your account
- The Team App will send you an email. Go to your email app, open the email and click Confirm
- Go back to the Team App, and click Log in using your email address and password
- On the top right corner of the Team App, click SEARCH
- Enter Wando Rugby
- Select Wando Rugby
- Click Become a member of this team
- Select Players or Parents as your Access Group (select the proper group)
- Click Continue
- Answer the questions
- PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR:
- Phone Number
- Emergency Contact Info
- Do not fill in your occupation or employer (these are default fields but not needed)
- Parents do not provide your age, emergency contact info, occupation or employer
- Once you complete the above, you must Enable Push Notifications by going to the Settings à Notifications tabs